Marble floors give your home an elegant flair, but some homeowners avoid marble, fearing it will require too much maintenance. Are you looking for cleaning and maintenance advice for marble tiles in Toronto? Follow these simple tips:
- Sweep and damp-mop marble the same way as ceramic tiles.
- Wipe up spills immediately. (Marble tiles are porous and liquid can otherwise seep through them.)
- Seal marble floors to repel dirt and liquid.
- Avoid puddling water when mopping.
- Purchase your tiles from reputable tile suppliers in Toronto.
Try Deco-Tile’s Stonetech cleaning products and sealers to help keep your marble tiles looking like new.
Cleaning Stains from Marble Floors
Marble floors can last for decades when properly maintained. However, it’s important to clean up spills quickly, particularly acidic liquids such as orange juice or wine. Scrub the area with a soft cloth and water or an everyday cleaner that is non-acidic. Do not use bleach or other harsh cleaning agents.
We recommend placing mats or rugs in high-traffic areas. Some spills are unavoidable, so keep paper towels handy for quick cleanups. You can use gentle soap and water to avoid staining. Using a sealer on natural stone allows you time to clean up any accidental spills.
Contact Deco-Tile today for more information on marble tiles. You’ll find we stand out from other tile stores in Toronto.